Thursday, April 13, 2006

"Caste away" by reservations

India is my country and all Indians are my brothers and sisters.
But my country feels that my other caste brothers and sisters are better than me. That is why it does not hesitate to give me step – son treatment….

I shall always strive to be worthy of my country.
But may be the country believes I am unworthy of it.

To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion.
And I firmly believe that prosperity will come by treating every one equal.
I beg the people in higher echelons for my country to forgive me for being born in the caste that I have. I understand that education is not amongst my birth rights and I shall not strive to achieve the same.

(Progress comes not by giving some special rights and concessions but by giving everyone an Equal playing ground…though the term equal can be misinterpreted as it is being done now…)

No comments: